Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

You are a roku specialist? I have a tcl 55p605 one day old.

Customer Question
You are a roku...

You are a roku specialist?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

I have a tcl 55p605 one day old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been happening since i plugged in tv yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

This involves a mac, a hard drive, and the roku media player

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help

What is the issue that you are having?

I have a brand new hard drive. 1TB Seagate. I first formatted it to fat32, put a file on it less that 4gb, (Fat32 file size limit is 4gb) plugged it in and it works just fine with roku media player.Now, I have a file larger than 4gb, so I have to reformat my hard drive to a file system that supports more that 4gb at one time. I have a mac so I format to mac os extended journaled (Which is HFS+) plugged it in and it DOES NOT WORK!

Yes, you need to use the fat32 format.

thats not what i needed to know
fat32 doesnt let me do more than 4gb, thats the problem, im asking how can i use my device with my tv not using fat32

You can't -- You need to use fat32.

Hard drives may be formatted with different file systems. Roku Media Player supports drives that are formatted with the FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, and HFS+ file systems. You can also access different partitions on the USB drive.Pulled from their site. Why only Fat32 when they accept these, and when i use HFS+ it doesnt work.

As I mentioned -- I have never been able to use any format other than FAT32 that works with their ROKU.

ok. this did not help me.thank you.

You're welcome

Louie, Technician