Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I cannot get a picture to go with the sound. The message

Customer Question
comes up on the screen...
I cannot get a picture to go with the sound. The message comes up on the screen, "Content disabled HDCP unauthorized." I have changed the input to the tv, I have changed the wire to place a new one into the Roku and the TV, but nothing works.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: The TV or the Roku?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been going on occasionally, and when I change the wire and get the TV going, the Roku usually gets adjusted. I have been dealing with this on and off for 4 years.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else.
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 21 days ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Louie, Technician