Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I use to stream with Roku on my TV all the time, however I

Customer Question
had to stop when I...
I use to stream with Roku on my TV all the time, however I had to stop when I sold my house & did not use it for 3 years. I just recently hooked it back up to my TV and tried to stream again & It has strong WiFi signal , but it does not give me any option to buy or rent a movie? I can only stream the trailers and my Amazon account looks like its still avtive, but I cannot order anything.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 10 yrs old - Panasonic plasma TV
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: was not an issue until just now when I started it back up for the first time in 3 yrs. I have a new Wifi from 3 yrs ago.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 27 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which model Roku do you have please (example: 1, 2, 3, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
2 XS

Thanks. On the back of the Roku (underneath the power plug), you should see a tiny pinhole reset button. Please press and hold that using a paperclip for 10 full seconds and release, and the Roku should try to run you through setup as if it were new. Let me know what happens once you try that.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
got it! ill do that now....hold on.

Okay no problem!

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
did those steps and it is still showing " other options unavailable" -where it should say " buy it now" when I click 'ok" on a movie on the M-Go movie account.
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 26 days ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Louie, Technician