Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get my roku to open. Of the roku or the tv? It just…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my roku to open

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Of the roku or the tv?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started this evening. The screen popped up asking to connect to the internet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

I did all of that. It said connection to the local network. I tried that it said select the type of network connection you are using (wireless). I selected that. I chose the network (belkin.c11). It said enter your password ***** was preselected. It said connecting to the network then said "Can't connect to local network."

You have to connect to the new network, using the new network name and password ***** it has changed.