Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I moved recently and have a new internet and cable provider…

Customer Question
Hi- I moved recently...

Hi- I moved recently and have a new internet and cable provider (Optimum) and hooked up my roku device to the TV. Should it be plugged into the cable box instead? I can't get it to work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

It's Roku 3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I don't quite understand the question. I just moved and tried connecting the roku last night.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's pretty much all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

The roku connects to the tv, via a hdmi cord. It should not be connected to the cable box in any way.