Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Alas, there is no hole in the front of the Bose CD player.

Customer Question
Alas, there is no...

Alas, there is no hole in the front of the Bose CD player. It's the FM unit with the single CD player.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's pretty old. I unplugged it and have it upside down, but don't see what the model is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have unplugged it, but that hasn't worked. Would the serial number help you?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Jus can't get the CD out, and I didn't see anything wrong with it when I put it in

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Okay, thanks