Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a roku account. The internet supplier replaced my…

Customer Question
I have a roku...

I have a roku account. The internet supplier replaced my modem Saturday. The network name and password ***** changed. How do I make Roku aware of the new informatin so my Roku works again?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

I1REA3AU096794 Serial# DC3AJE18A5D1 About3 to 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened except Brighthouse swapped out our router The system was working fine If the network name and password ***** be substituted I think I am ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which MODEL Roku do you have here (example: Roku 2, 3, Premiere, Ultra, etc.)?

Ultra serial# ***** installed Dec 2013
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Are you trying to change the Wi-Fi information on the ROKU?

I want to get the Roku box to recognize the new WiFi How do I get that done? I think the old internet address needs to be deleted in my Roku account and then proceed as though it is a new account
  • Go to Settings > Network > Check connection to perform a two-part test. The first part checks for a connection to your home network and that the wireless signal strength is good. The second part, checks that you are connected to the internet and that the internet speed is good.
  • If the wireless signal strength or internet speed is poor, you will be provided with on-screen instructions to help resolve the issue.

Note: If you are not connected to your network, you will not see the Check connectionoption. You will only see the Set up connection option.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!