Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I am a spectrum customer purchased a Roku express. how can I

Customer Question
I am a spectrum customer...
I am a spectrum customer purchased a Roku express. how can I hook up to my Samsung TV to get my digital cable?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung TV model #22B350ND Sept 2012
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just bought this Roku express from Walmart and today I tried to get it on line for the first time
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else at this time
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 25 days ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Do you have Wi-Fi router? Do you know the user name and password
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
no I have a Roku express and I am with spectrum and you have my tv model

Ok, you must have a wifi signal for the roku to work. From your response, it looks like you do not have wifi router in your home. Wifi router is used to connect your device to the internet. Do you pay for internet as part of your spectrum service? I will suggest you call and have them verify that you have the service. If you do not have, then I would suggest to have them supply you with internet package that comes with a wireless router. Once you have the router, we can then start your roku installation.

Roku can be connected to your tv using HMDI input on the tv. Most of flat tvs have at least 2 HMDI inputs.

electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer