Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Netflix says I need to updated roku. I did that and still…

Netflix says I need...

Netflix says I need to updated roku. I did that and still can not get into Netflix's. I can type in my email address but ther is no next button to hit. Can I please talk to someone. I have been doing this for 2 hours

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Ion through my tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been modeln305ox serial number12g32n000478

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't get screen to show correct screen

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are you there
11/19/2017
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer.
What is the model of the roku?
What happens on your home page. Can you access any other channels on your roku?
Model 3050x I think I can access other channels but I don't pay for them. So not sure. Still can get into netflix
Are you there. I can not tell if someone is seeing what I am typing or helping me. I will never buy nor recommend Riki to anyone. Know you don't care or you would be easier to conract

Sorry for the delays. I was out to church this morning.

Try to reset the roku, disconnect the cable that goes to the tv, disconnect power adapter for roku. Disconnect your Wi-Fi router and let the two systems sit for 3 minutes and then put back together starting with router and then roku.

I am disconnecting now.

ok let me know the results

It now says use my amazing acct to register Roku. Do I do this

I am not sure why that came up.Netflix does not deal with amazon. Do you have any other roku application that you currently use?

No this is what was happening yesterday and then now where to go next. Net flux said I needed to update ruko
Can you go to roku settings to manually update the firmware?
How do I do that
I just went to settings and it says version 7.7.0. Build 4135. Is up to date
I can get to Netflix then screen says are u s Netflix member key pad comes up asking former flux email address no place yo hit enter so back to same thing I started with yesterday and now today 4 hrs ago
Ok,
Has Netflix ever worked on this before?
Can you go online and access your Netflix account?
Netflix always worked on this Ruko device. Will try and go into Netflix settings. Have to take a break. I am frustrated. Thanks for helping. Will get back to u later
can you test any other roku application to see if Netflix is the problem
The last thing we can try is factory reset
How do we do that
To reset to factory defaults, look on the back of the roku box near where the two wires go. There is a small hole to reset the roku. You will user paper clip or tooth pick to press for 20 seconds. When the reset is done, you will start fresh as a new roku device installation
Will give that a try
Ok you will go through a set up process
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer