Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting an error message when I try to watch a football…

Customer Question
I am getting an...

I am getting an error message when I try to watch a football game on ESPN3. Everything else works fine, and I previously was able to get these games.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Roku2, 3050X

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The only thing that changed is I got a new router, as mine wasn't working properly. I get my internet from Charter, and they swapped out the router.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except when they changed the router, I also get a new password ***** it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Nathan;
Sorry, didn't work. The error message I get is the following: 0066:No account return from UPDA
Please note, this only happens with ESPN. I get all my other Roku channels just fine. It's when I try to watch college football on ESPN that this happens.

Thanks for trying,

that is usually an account authentication issue, on the roku home screen highlight the espn app, then press the * button for options, delete the app,

then unplug the roku for a few minutes again, go back into the app store, search for espn and reinstall it, then it should work at that point.