Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

How to use jvc cassette w444 to record music from a guitar.

JA: Can you guesstimate how...
how to use jvc cassette w444 to record music from a guitar.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model is w444.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a friend just gave it to me . a user manual is not avalible.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer,
Can you look on the back of the system to see if there is line in or phono input.
I would like to know this as I will be able to point you to the right direction
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
There is a phono input and a phono output on the back of the cassette player. The player has a A and B drives.
Playing a tape in the A drive results in an audio output on the phono output. Playing a tape in the B drive does not. Will a the audio input into the phono input allow the B drive to record?

Thanks for the information. The deck is set-up so that you can play on one, and record on the other. That being said, the B output should be able to also play back the recorded content.

Before you go father with investing time and other devices, I would suggest you try to record some input on B. Connect your signal to phono input and then record for about 5 minutes. Then try to playback the recorded content on A.

If you can successfully record content, then you can purchase guitar pre-amp and the connect it to the phono input and you should be able to record.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
after a signal is connected to the audio input and a tape is in the B drive what are the next steps to start and stop
the recording of the input audio signal.

Press record a red round button. You can also press pause button which is line II to stop until when you are ready for recording

electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
thanks
Were you able to get this to record?
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
You said to press the record to record.
This did not work. I had to press the record and play at the same time. After I discovered this I was able to record the guitar.
Thanks for the help.
Ok I thought this was the automatic deck. The press record and play to record was popular on manual, Non automatic decks. But I am glad things are working for you.
electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer