Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am unable to watch Prime video content on my Fire TV Stick…

Customer Question
Hello, I am unable...

Hello, I am unable to watch Prime video content on my Fire TV Stick due to an error 5505 related to location settings. But I don't see anything wrong with my location settings and I am able to watch Prime content on my phone and laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

I got it delivered yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The work to fix it? Yeah sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I purchased from Amazon.in and plugged it into a new TV also delivered yesterday Streaming from other apps works fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Hello, I’m still waiting for a response on this. I made the 5 USD payment yesterday but so far received absolutely no help or any response otherwise. Please provide an update.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you do the following please

1. Go to Your Content and Devices on Amazon.com, Not Amazon.in, but Amazon.com from the Home Page by pointing on "Accounts & Lists" in the top right corner.
2. Open the Settings tab.
3. Go to the Country Settings section, and select Change next to your current country.
4. Enter your new address, and choose your new country. Then select Update.
5. In the notification that displays at the top of your on-screen, select the "Learn more" link. Then select the option to "update your default Kindle store."
6. De-register and Re-register your Fire TV stick, by going to Settings Account on your Fire TV screen.

It should then work

Let me know how you go please

Thank you

Hi Richard, I don’t see a Settings tab as described in the step 2. Besides, I don’t have a prime subscription on amazon.com, I have it only on amazon.in and that’s where I watch the videos.

yes, but you are trying to view content that is designated for America, not India and this is why you are getting blocked.

When you entered your account, which tabs did you see?

That doesn’t make sense. I mentioned in my earlier message that I am able to view these shows on a laptop as well as my phone. They are not blocked in India.I’ll post the list of tabs in some time.

ok, you see it says Fire TV Stick due to an error 5505 related to location settings

And it is a common issue when viewing American content from india..

But if you feel this makes no sense, of course it is up to you what you believe.

I will therefore opt out for another expert that can provide you a different diagnosis for the issue.

Thank you and all the best

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the problem is still unresolved.

Did you try to factory reset the stick yet?

It’s a new stick plugged in to a new TV. Prime videos have not been working from the start. So I didn’t see a point in resetting the device. Do you still want me try it?

Yes

Hi, I reset my fire stick and did the setup all over again. I still get an error 5505 when I try to play any prime videos.

I just read Richard's previous response and he is correct. Even though you are able to view the content on your computer or phone, the Firestick is different. If you are in India trying to view American content, it can cause this issue.

Okay. Then can help me understand how do I identify what’s American content and what’s Indian? For example, consider The Man in the High Castle. I don’t know if it’s American or Indian. I can watch it on my phone and laptop from amazon.in. I can’t watch it on the fire stick. I can try doing this with any other show if you want me to.Please also consider reading my responses to Richard’s posts. I don’t think that is the problem as I haven’t seen any proof of it so far.

I understand that you do not believe that is the issue but that does not mean you are correct either.

If you would like a definite answer, you are more than welcome to reach out to Amazon and see if they can provide what is and isn't available through your Firestick.

Wow! Second time! You guys have some serious problem keeping your messages polite.You guys are claiming that the problem is that the content is blocked in India. I ask for some proof. An Amazon link or something. And then you come back with this. Great!I never said you're incorrect dude. Why are you even going there? I'm asking you to back what you guys have been saying. Too much for ya?Right now, the only thing you guys can do to help me is give my money back. Period.

I apologize that you misread my response and took it as being not polite. You are more than welcome for a refund by contacting customer service.