Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I rewired my system. Now when I go to Netflix or amazon I

I rewired my system....
I rewired my system. Now when I go to Netflix or amazon I get the appropriate window for selecting movies or series. When I select a movie, I get connected but I get a blue window that sez: Inappropriate content I can hear the movie in the background, but can't get rid of that screen. How can I fix it
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have a ROKU-3. I don't know the model number.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started to day when I rewired my system.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to watch movies!
11/18/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Roku now works, but I can't get my tv to work. The remotes do not respond so that I can't get from Roku to TV.
For that you’ll use the tv remote and press the Input or source button to get back to where your cable or satellite is connected. Usually hdmi1 or hdmi2
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I know that. My remote does not respond.
Okay try using the input button on the tv itself and see if that will respond.
Nathan, Technician
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Phone call session started

I am the expert that accepted your phone call. I left you a message about scheduling a call later this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. Please let me know what time would work for you and I will call. I am on EST.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Problem has been resolved.
Thanks for using just answer
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Problem resolved. There was no need for the call.

You're very welcome. I'll send a note to customer service to cancel and refund the call service for you.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you

You're welcome

Nathan, Technician