Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a DVD player M KDL-40V3000 Serial # 8123218 Software

I have a DVD player...
I have a DVD player M KDL-40V3000 Serial #(###) ###-####Software R-BMN-A-EL-C-D-P-A-O Put in a DVD and it did not play wondering if there is an upgrade to get the DVD playing DVD's again?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Gave you the model # Maybe 10 years old give or take
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started tonight wanted to watch Transformers Last Knight and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know
11/18/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

That is the model of the tv, what is the model of the player?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
model of the player
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
we can type

What is the model number of the dvd player?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
model # KDL-40V3000

That is not a dvd player.

That is the model of a sony 40 inch tv.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
sorry that was the model for the TV DVD player is BDP-S3200

Thank you,

and do you have the problem with all discs? Or just bluray or just regular dvds perhaps?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
seems to be with blue rays haven't tried regular disc

Would you be able to try a regular disc if possible?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
its the same with regular disc's now use to run on HDMI 1 But now switches to Player 1

Are you able to see the players own menu/setup screens?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
no

okay confirm that the player is still connected to hdmi 1 port on the back of the tv and then set the tv input to hdmi1, and check again please

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
talk about feeling stupid the connection was loose from the tv sorry about that
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
seems to be working fine now

Great! Glad to hear that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician
Nathan, Technician