Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to hook up my new (used) Panasonic Omnivision…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying...

Hi, I am trying to hook up my new (used) Panasonic Omnivision VCR to my Panasonic smart TV, How do I do It?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Sorry it took so long. the tv is a Panasonic Viera Model #tc5DA55)U If i read it correctly

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just received it yesterday. I plugged in the cords to what seemed to be the most appropriate places and all I got was static.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure I ave the cords connected correctly, and I did not receive a manual for the machine.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Can I get and idea of how long it will take to get an answer?
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "... Panasonic Omnivision VCR...Panasonic smart TV..." Additionally, please describe how the VCR is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • the standard connections would be to make use of an A/V RCA-to-RCA cable set where:
  • - yellow would be for the video connections;
  • - red for the audio right channel; and
  • - white for the audio left channel.

Always, the TV would have to be set to an external input/source. Depending on the model, this is done on the TV remote for external input source IN SEL button, A/V, Video, INPUT, SOURCE, INPUT SELECT or a term to such effect.