Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My screen has gone purple with sound but no picture. 4200tl…

Customer Question
My screen has gone...

My screen has gone purple with sound but no picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

4200tl 18months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

1 week the only thing i can think of i watched Netflix on a different tv using my user name and password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Why has my picture gone the sound works

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,