Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ROKU has started not showing the pictures of the

Customer Question
My ROKU has started...

My ROKU has started not showing the pictures of the different programs. Rather it shows a graphic display of a TV set. I can unplug the ROKU for a while an d when re-connected it shows the picture again, however the longer dis-connected the longer the pictures will appear.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Its old I am disabled and the device is in the living room and I am at the other side of the house. It would take some time to get the info you are requesting

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 2 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Appx 2 wks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,