Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can not connect the roku remote with steaming player. Roku…

Customer Question
Can not connect the...

Can not connect the roku remote with steaming player

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Roku ultra 4k 4660RW and just buy it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just try to connect it the Item it is brand new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Have you already connected the Roku device to an HDMI port on your television? Is it connected directly to the tv or is it connected to a sound bar or some other type of device that connects to the tv?

If you've already connected the Roku properly, let's try pairing the remote. Let's start by taking the batteries out of the remote. Unplug the power cord from the Roku. Wait at least 5 seconds before re-connecting the power cable. Wait until you see the Home screen on the Roku, then replace the batteries in the remote.

Press and hold the pairing button on your remote for at least 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light on the Roku remote starts to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still won't flash, please try new batteries.

After the light begins to flash, please allow at least 30 seconds for the remote to connect to the Roku. After it has been connected you should see instructions on your screen for completing the pairing.

Please try this and let me know the results. If it doesn't work for you, be sure to let me know exactly what you have already tried and where you are running into trouble. Thank you!