Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've been continually having issues when using remote in…

Customer Question
I've been continually having...

I've been continually having issues when using remote in order to stream all. rebooted and it comes on but remote will not connect

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Roku Ultra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sometimes nothing seems to be only when ear buds and used and then next day can't seem to work just no signal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Less than a year old

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

No Signal indicates the TV is not receiving communication from the Roku. Do you have the original TV remote nearby? Also what is the model number off of the back of your TV?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

Offhand it would be worth it to try a HARD RESET.

1) Shut the TV off.

2) Disconnect the power cord from the Roku.

3) Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between the Roku and the TV (making sure it's secure and plugging into the SAME HDMI PORT).

4) Plug the power cord back into the Roku.

5) Turn the TV on and use the ORIGINAL TV REMOTE'S INPUT BUTTON to select the corresponding HDMI Input that you are plugged into (for example: HDMI 2, or HDMI 3 respectively).

Let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having problems?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?