Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I accidentally disconnected my roku what do I do I have

Customer Question
Hi, i accidentally disconnected...

Hi, i accidentally disconnected my roku what do I do I have wifi

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

4400X

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just a few minutes ago I was moving the table tv and roku are on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

What do you need to know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

By disconnected, do you mean you unplugged it? Or you can't get back to the roku screens?

I unplugged it then I couldn’t get the screen

Okay plug the roku back in to the tv, making careful note of which port you use, such as hdmi1 or hdmi2,

make sure it is also connected to power.

Then take the TV remote and press the input/source button, repeatedly, to get to the corresponding input mode where the roku is plugged, such as hdmi2 for example.

Then let me know if the roku home screen comes up.

I don’t have a cable running from roku to the tb never have. I do have WiFi. It still isn’t working

Then it is simply not possible for the roku to work in that situation.

The roku requires and audio/video connection to the tv.

Wifi is only for the purpose of providing an internet connection to the roku, it does not in any way link the roku to the tv.

You must plug in a hdmi cable to the roku, and the other end of the hdmi cable to the tv, then set the tv to the appropriate input mode as I explained above.