Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a MODEL # DMR-E50 Panasonic DVD VIDEO RECORDER. It…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a MODEL # DMR-E50 Panasonic DVD VIDEO RECORDER. It will not open the disc tray .there is a disc in it now set for 4 hrs . it wont record or open the disc

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

MODEL DMR-E50 serial k53fao10771

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started today

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Turn off the recorder unit at the wall.

Press and hold the EJECT button on the unit whilst connecting the wall power again.

Continue holding the eject button for a minute.

Let me know if that forces the disc tray to eject?

NO it is still won't open

In that case the mechanism may have jammed or a disc may be stuck inside.

The only option is manually opening it by disassembling the recorder.