Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Our Roku is going. Roku 1 and is about 3 years old.

Customer Question
Our Roku is going JA: What's...
Our Roku is going
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Roku 1 and is about 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday. We turned it on and the remote did not work. We changed batteries and still did not work. Then we rebooted the unit and still no remote. So we left it for later. Then we came back in about an hour and the Roku was going crazy. The left column was scrolling down and would not stop. We unplugged it and waited overnight and replugged it in and it was doing the same. Scrolling down very quickly and could not be stopped. When we pushed a button like "home" the right side would go to the "home" area but the left side kept scrolling down as fast as before. I tried going to the regular cable channels but the screen would automatically return to Roku page....and the scrolling. I had to pull the plug before we could watch regular cable TV.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 25 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Technician