Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku 4k TV. I have my PC connected to it with an…

Customer Question
I have a Roku...

I have a Roku 4k TV. I have my PC connected to it with an HDMI cable The screen works but no sound.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

TCL Roku 7105X

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Model 55s405

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

The sound has never worked using PC to TV

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician
Unfortunately this may simply never work. Not all PCs actually support hdmi audio and there are frequently signal compatibility issues with these off brand TVs like tcl. What you can try though is going into the pc audio settings via the speaker icon on the task bar. Right click that and go into the mixer/output options and set it to hdmi audio rather than pc speakers or headphones and see if that helps.