Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to connect a pop-BD755 blue ray to and samsung…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect a pop-BD755 blue ray to and samsung TV. The TV and Blue Ray are connected by HDMI cable but I need an activation code for netflix.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

I will look right now

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The Samsung TV is a: UN32D4003BDXZA. Version H301. I have moved the TV from my daughter's house and she used a game station to stream. to my mother's house and she has the Blue Ray Player.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

So you opened the netflix app and it is showing an activation code on the tv screen?

No, I went to my Netflix account to add a device (the blue ray player) so that I could stream on my TV.
It is saying I need an activation code.

You are on the right track, but your steps are not in the right order.

You need to go open the netflix app on the bluray,

when doing so for the first time (after the bluray has been connected to your home wifi network),

then the player will show an activation code on the tv screen, within the netflix app. That code is then typed in on the computer.

The player may also give you an option to just sign in using your email address and netflix password.

Ok so I need to connect the blue ray to our wi-fi through the set-up mode?

Correct, nothing will work on the player until it is connected to the internet, it will prompt you through that process on screen, from the menu, under network.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.