Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I lost my remote, and just moved so my roku isn't connected…

Customer Question
I lost my remote...

I lost my remote, and just moved so my roku isn't connected to the wifi so i can't go into the settings to see my ip address

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Maybe a year or two. model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I haven't been using my roku stick for awhile because i have a smart tv but it broke during the move so I'm using an old tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand you can't access ANY of the settings in the Roku without the remote. The remote is the platform for every single control and function of the Roku- it's essentially useless without it. So in order to get this setup in any way to the TV, a replacement remote must be purchased. I am pulling up a source for the Roku remote now for you.

can i find the ip address by plugging the roku into my router instead of an outlet?

No, you cannot. An IP address isn't going to help, as you need to reset the Roku to factory defaults and the remote is required for that.

okay. so no fix to the problem then? i have a remote but its not working
I'm not sure if it goes to this roku but I'm pretty sure it does

Well the fix is to replace the remote and that is the solution I was working towards since it's the only one....I will opt out now.

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 9 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi another expert here
The roku device will need a working remote control to access the settings menu. There is no any other way than to get this done without the device remote.
Can you locate the remote? If not, please order one from Amazon.