Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot get the software to update although it shows that…

Customer Question
I cannot get the...

I cannot get the software to update although it shows that it is connected to the internet. error code 309

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

I have a device id. The model number was covered by AT&Ts sticker and pulled off I guess. I bought it yesterday. The error code is actually 009

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I started trying to install a few hours ago and got frustrated. Gave it some time and came back to it. It's still doing the same thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a Roku Streaming Stick

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
For that error, on a New Roku device that is New, you would be advised to first make sure your router or WiFi router is working, is connected to the internet, by making sure that other devices can also access internet OK. (If it is not, try shutting the router Off for a few minutes, then powering it On again, waiting another 2 minutes, and trying the Roku again.)

After that, you can try restarting the Roku device: Settings, System, System Restart.

And after that... pack up the Roku device, and return it to the store or vendor promptly (if not a store, contact the seller ASAP at that point, and inform them officially that the Roku product sold is not-working) ... for a refund or exchange.