Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I set up the roku device on my tv. I have a mobile wi fi…

Customer Question
I set up the...

I set up the roku device on my tv. I have a mobile wi fi through T mobile. I can not get the roku to home page. I only have black screen with word roku floating across.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

The tv is element 19 inch screen. I bought it in walmart 4 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It said to type in my password. I did that and it would not take my password ***** the alcatel mobile device

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 8 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer,
What is the model of the roku in question?
Just got it on amazon 3600R

ok what device from t mobile are you using?

The problem is the wifi card from t mobile has limited connection speed for picture. Here is a guideline for connection using roku devices. The data card might not have the ability to connect the roku device in order to get signal through.

• 0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
  • 1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
  • 3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for DVD quality
  • 5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
  • 7.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for Super HD quality
  • 12 Megabits per second - Recommended for 3D quality