Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Roku is changing from normal picture on Netflix, amazon

Customer Question
Roku is changing from...

Roku is changing from normal picture on Netflix, amazon and/or YouTube to a greenish, split screen with the video stopping. Some YouTube videos have no sound. Before any of the apps start there is a pink screen that flashes for a split second with wording "unauthorized" followed by something that is too quick to read.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Tv is Sony Calabria, than a year old. Roku is a model 4036X.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started yesterday. Don't know if this relevant but I set my iPhone on top of the roku inadvertently.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Went to the settings and tried a restart but that did not fix the problem. Also did a hard shutdown.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 9 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Have you tried to reset the roku?
Disconnect your roku from tv, power off the roku and WiFi router and disconnect them from the power.
Let the system sit for 5 minutes and then put it back starting from Wi-Fi and then roku. Try this and let me know the results
Still getting the pink pink screen with this notification "HDCP unauthorized, go to ROKU.com/HDCP-help". This screen flashes for only an instant. It flashes twice and the YouTube video plays, sometimes with sound sometimes without. Netflix and Amazon seem to be fine. YouTube has poor picture quality. Amazon and Netflix picture is not great but ok. Now what?

Ok, you might want to reset the device to factory default. Before we do this, you will need to know your wifi user name and password, you will also need to know your roku online log-in account. If you have both of these then we can go ahead and reset the roku to its factory default.

What a scam! After paying $35 for this and $26 to talk to a poodle I can just buy a new device. Thanks for nothing.

I am sorry for the experience, this is a troubleshooting problem that requires you to help with finding information. The issue here is difficult to resolve without going to factory reset. I will opt out and let other experts help you.

34;Go to Roku.com/HDCP" was no help. I want my $35 back.