Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Thank you I have just purchased my Roku tv and in the middle…

Customer Question
Thank you I have...

Thank you I have just purchased my Roku tv and in the middle of programing it and I am now stuck on a screen I can not get out of

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It new as of today it is a insignia

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The issue has just started about 30 minutes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No that fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Ok will do

Thank you.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

It did not work

What's the full model number off the back of your Roku set please?

Also, if you've just purchased this set and it's completely "stuck" right now, then you have a defective TV. There's not much need for further troubleshooting as it would simply need to be returned/exchanged at this point.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

my tv is still stuck on the same screen
can you help me