Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I previously had a passwork for setting up a ROKU account…

Customer Question
I previously had a...

I previously had a passwork for setting up a ROKU account 5048. When I tried to use it now it said I needed 6 characters. I tried to set up a new passwork for my email account with ROKU, but it text me a long code highlighted in blue and wanted me to paste it or click it onto my spot for a new password. I could not copy it from my keyboard to accomplish this task. How can I highlight and then do a control C so that I can paste it to the proper spot?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

I just purchased a ROKU Premier + for a cabin which has not had ROKU before. This is the one I am trying to set up. Our residence in another city has a Roku 2 I believe which we have been using. We also have a TV with a built in Roku which is the one I set up this account.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A half hour ago I was in process of setting the ROKU Premier + when I got to the stage of my having to enter my ROKU email address and my four number password. That is when they said I needed a 6 character password ***** this issue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I copy three lines of a blue password ***** from ROKU onto the space given for a new password? Whenever I click on the three lines it disappears. There is no way I can get a 6 character password ***** that email or transfer it to the proper space allocated on a different screen.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 9 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The 4 digit PIN is different than your password.

Is it asking for a PIN or a password?