Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get my Rocu to connect to internet. It just happened…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my Rocu to connect to internet

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

It just happened out of nowhere.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's gg b

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It's 2500x and maybe 3 years old. Light comes on but can't get a sinal.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Try restarting your wireless router.

If that does not help, try resetting the Roku.

Let me know if that works, or if you need further assistance.

That was the obvious first thing I've tried several times. If there are further charges to giving me more advise please don't answer. Thank you.

You only pay once for your question, we can reply back and forth as often as necessary.

What else have you already tried?

Moving the Roku around, pushing reset, and reset button on box from Spectrum (modem?), unplugging both and counting to 20, unplugging power cords, unplugging cord from Roku to tv.

Can you try connecting it to a different wireless network to see if it can get a signal ok there? (e.g. at a friend or neighbor's house)