Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just received a firetv stick. I paired it with my wi-fi.

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a firetv stick. I paired it with my wi-fi. My question is I have HBO though my cable company and I would like to access it with my fire stick. Do I need to use my e-mail address and a pass word or will it automatically be there when I ask for HBO?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is fire tv stick with Alexa voice. The fire stick works. I was able to get showtime without any passwords. The tv is HDTV with 3 HDMI inputs. A Mitsubishi not sure how old it was given to me.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I received it yesterday and connected the fire stick to the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/16/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 9 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you. You will need to enter the email address and passcode associated with your cable company in order to use HBO on your firestick. YOu will need to download the HBO GO app on your firestick. Next, open HBO GO. Choose Sign In or Activate Your Device. You will see an activation code on the screen. Now, do the following on your computer:

1. Go to HBOGO.com/activate.
  2. Select Amazon Fire TV and then Continue.
  3. Choose your cable provider.
  4. Enter the username and password ***** your TV provider account.
  5. On the Activate a Device screen, enter the activation code from your TV screen, and select Activate Device.
  6. You should see a "Success" message on both your TV and on your computer. *NOTE: Please be patient as it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Thank you!