Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Pete, Well,I'mnot completely giving up yet, but unless I can

Customer Question
Hi Pete,Well,I'mnot completely giving up...
Hi Pete,Well,I'mnot completely giving up yet, but unless I can think of another way of going about this, I'm going to have to lay this one to rest.Is there any particular DVD Recorders that you might suggest I try to find refurbished? Or, any that you think I should stay away from? I know I've really liked the Toshiba D-KR2SU and it's features. Particularly the RAM disc and editing. The one thing I would say to improve it most is if it was able to accomadate DVD-R+ discs.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Hi Roy,

As long as you go for as new a one as possible, it should be more reliable.

And if you can stick with Toshiba then you will be more familiar with how to operate it.

There are quite a few currently available on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xtoshiba+dvr.TRS0&_nkw=toshiba+dvr

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah.I don't particularlly like DVD-Recorder/VHS-VCR combo decks. even when I record VHS to DVD I prefer to have a nicer VCR as the source and run it through a video stabilizer then into the DVD Recorder. Sometimes I'll send the audio out of the VCR into an EQ before it goes into the DVDRrecorder input. Ocasionally I'll need to use a time shifter to compensate for a lag in the video/audio being recorded. But, even when I record direct from a VCR to the DVD Recorder without any enhancement or cleanup, I much prefer to use separate components. It apears the general consensus agrees. The abundance of the combo decks and the resell prices compared to separate decks are wayu more of each.
Withthe xstate of emergency at hand, being the outlawing of DVD Recorders in the USA,Iwill probably wind up getting a combo unit before they are gone too.
Do you think I could find a replacement DVD RAM deck for my Toshiba. If I can find an exact copy of the one in my D-KR2SU I think I would have to try it. Do you have any idea where I could find one?
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 month ago

Yes you should be able to find a replacement DVD RAM deck for your Toshiba.

Toshiba used a few different deck models in the D-KR2SU - can you see the model number of your own particular deck?

Pete, Engineer