Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a panasonic DMZ-EZ48V VCR/ DVR Recorder that doesn't

I have a panasonic DMZ-EZ48V...
I have a panasonic DMZ-EZ48V VCR/ DVR Recorder that doesn't work properly; can't get to record,time doesn't show correctly. Is there a repair place that i could send it to to have it repaired? My contact info is phone #(###) ###-####
10/8/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Does it play back correctly?
Does it give any error messages such as F61 or U99?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No error message that i remember and no code it has been over a year since i even tried to turn it on, it has been disconnected. I need to find a service shop!

Honestly there are none. No one really works on these anymore and there are no parts available for them. Given the age (2008 model) this unit is already at double its service life at this point,

There are a few possible cleaning and reset steps I can guide you through, but anything beyond that would require repairs which simply aren't feasible due to the lack of parts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok then i will not need the phone call. I guess i will have to try and find a new model on the internet.

That would be my recommendation as well, though even that is touch as these are no longer made. VCR technology is considered entirely obsolete as of a few years ago and are not being made at all. Even optical technology is now nearly obsolete as everything transitions to digital/streaming.

You can still find some used systems or old stock though: http://amzn.to/2yQjk8y

If you need only a dvd recorder without the vhs, you can still find some of those too, toshiba and panasonic tend to be the best.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you.

You're very welcome, and my apologies for the news!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your time an efforts
Nathan, Technician