Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a Panasonic recorder and despite deleting everything

on my hard drive it...
I have a Panasonic recorder and despite deleting everything on my hard drive it tells me that it is full and I cannot record anything else. Help!
10/6/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Panasonic recorder..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

My Panasonic recorder model no is der-bwt460. Other than deleting everything on my hard drive I have not attempted anything else.

Might it perhaps be a DMR-BWT460?

Still, have you tried to "Format" the hard disk drive (HDD)?

...and/or "Initialize" the system back to 'Shipping Condition'?

I have just realised I have a typo in the model no .it should beDMR- BWT460

Please see above.

No idea how to either how to format or initialise . I am an 80 year old woman so please be gentle and treat me slowly.

I understand.

How did your perform the "...deleting everything on my hard drive..." please?

Ok I've just looked in the book and discovered how to format the hard drive which I've done but still it's telling me that the hard drive is full
I just deleted everything manually one at a time
I deleted by pressing the delete button one at a time
Ok Louie are you going to answer?
Sorry Louie I can't wait any longer as I want to watch something at 8.30. I'll try again tomorrow

Apologies; Internet was down / sluggish at best.

If a format of the HDD was done but not corrective, have you considered / tried a RESET; i.e. initialize the DMR-BWT460 back to facoty default/shipping condition?

A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please see p. 66 of the manual.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Hi Louie I tried to get onto the just answer site yesterday without success so studied the directions in the book.the function menu was great. I was able to go back to factory settings then get my channels back. Last night I recorded successful except that everything was an hour out. So I went back to functions menu, discovered clock settings and changed to automatic. It immediately adjusted to daylight savings. So I think I am ok now thank you.

Apologies for any earlier inconvenience.

Still, great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page

Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician