Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I LOAD THE DISC PRESS FOR TRACK 1 BIT THE DISC WILL NOT PLAT…

Customer Question
I LOAD THE DISC...

I LOAD THE DISC PRESS FOR TRACK 1 BIT THE DISC WILL NOT PLAT THERE ARE NEW BATTERIES IN THE HANDSET .tHE tUNER PLAYS PERFECTLY

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

ITS A DENON

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I ONLY FOUND THIS OUT WHEN I WANTED TO PLAY A NEW DISC THE OTHERS WONT PLAY EITHER

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

COULD I HAVE PRESSED SOMETHING ON THE HANDSET

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?