Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a insignia roku tv and I lost my remote but the tv…

Customer Question
I have a insignia...

I have a insignia roku tv and I lost my remote but the tv isn't connected to the Wi-Fi

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Insignia model NS-32DR420NA16

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Manufacture 2015 of October

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I just switch internet provider it just happen

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Expert.

I am familiar with the protocol that Insignia and Roku has set with this TV. You can only control the TV with a remote, or their mobile app but the TV will have to be already connected to the WiFi in order to use the mobile option.

I suggest a good universal remote to help get you back into the game for the best option.

Hi Chris
My name is ***** ***** can I connect my tv back to the wifi

Hi Kendall.

Okay is there any remote app I can use

Yes there is, but your TV will not be able to be controlled unless it is connected with the internet. Would you like for me to tell you the app anyways?

That's okay thanks I knew much of this anyway

Understood, I apologize this was not any further news as the developers did not enable another option. Perhaps if you connected an ethernet cable first to provide temporary internet.

I am not showing the ethernet port for your model, but I would check physically just in case you have the sub model/

Is there anything else I can do for you, suggest any specific replacement remotes?

That's okay thanks any way

Not a problem, Kendall.

Would you like to rate your question today?