Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My DVD is locked. DVP NS710H. Nothing. Didn't use t for a…

Customer Question
My DVD is locked ...

My DVD is locked

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

DVP NS710H

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. Didn't use t for a month. I got new tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all Thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to help you with your question.

Would you like the device unlocked or the region to be unlocked for disks?

-Chris

Hi Chris. Whenever I am trying to open the disc tray, it keeps saying the tray is locked. That's the problem. I cannot use the DVD because the disc tray doesn't come out for me to put a disc. I am using a smart tv remote. I don't have he origanal remote anymore. Thank you, Chris!

Okay, thank you for that.

Let's do a power reset, turn OFF the DVD player and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the player ON. Try to open the disc tray.

Depending on the sub-model number of your DVD player, simultaneously hold the POWER + STOP + EJECT buttons. If the disc tray still does not open, simultaneously hold the DISC1 + STOP + EJECT buttons.
This may not apply to all models as DISC1 is not available on all DVD players.
If this does not work and if the DVD player has DISPLAY and PREV buttons, press and hold the DISPLAY+PREV buttons for two seconds to unlock the drawer.

Those instructions, I already found n google yesterday. Still didn't work. If there is something to try aside from that I would love to know. Thank you. Have a good one!

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if you have a disk stuck inside your system or if the system is simply locked with the disc tray?

Good evening. I am following up on your question and would love to continue helping you.

I look forward to your reply.

Chris L