Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Dvd player is rejecting a new dvd without even giving me…

Customer Question
My Dvd player is...

My Dvd player is rejecting a new dvd without even giving me an error message.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Mac El Capitan. My Windows 10 PC doesn't recognize this DVD either.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been going on only this evening. I opened the DVD yesterday. Troubleshooting? I tried logging out and back in as root. It didn't help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
This DVD is a prize. It might be defective because other DVDs work in the player.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello, Stephen.

I am sorry to hear that your DVD is not working in your DVD player.

Just like you said, the DVD may be defective seeing that other DVDs work in the player. It may also be possible that the DVD is not of the right format, eg. DVD +R or DVD -R, which may be preventing it from playing. Are the other DVDs that work in the player of either or both formats? There are some players that refuse to play one format or the other and the manual usually states which type will play.

Aha! It's neither a DVD +R or DVD -R! I didn't notice that it's a Blu-Ray disc. Guess I'll either have to get a blu-ray player or return my prize. I also guess you may close this case.

Interesting indeed. Never saw that one coming.

Have a good night.