Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Teac A3300 and it does everthing except record. The…

Customer Question
I have a Teac...

I have a Teac A3300 and it does everthing except record. The motors are clean and lubed (all three), The pinch roller mechanism was removed and cleaned and lubricated and now the solenoid can pull the pinch roller into position. Following the book instruction I just don't get a record light to come on to record

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I just put that in the Email that you read.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just received this tape deck and did all the cleaning of electronic boards, motors, pinch roller arm cleaning and lubricating. Cleaned pot and the knobs with Deoxit and the transport switch control arm, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Can the motor control stick so that motor speeds for the reel motors are too fast?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The head screws may need adjusting.

Check if the machine is recording over old tapes with white noise, or not, and let me know...