Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a used PL 70 turntable and it turns but will not move…

Customer Question
Hi: I have a...

Hi: I have a used PL 70 turntable and it turns but will not move the pickup arm to the record. Any ideas please!!!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a PL L70 direct drive....friend gave it to me, so I don't know how old it is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just tried it and no troubleshooting yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not...thanks for your help

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
It is a Pioneer
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer replied 10 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

I've attached a service manual, unfortunately in Japanese, but it does show the various components of the arm. I think you need to look inside to see what the problem like someone here with a similar issue did:

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=25268

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich