Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Roku 4200TL. 1yr old. The issue started when I connected the…

Customer Question
Roku 4200TL....

Roku 4200TL. 1yr old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The issue started when I connected the roku device from my tv to the entertainment system.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Netflix works fine on the tv but when I connect it to the entertainment system the screen goes light blue with the words HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me the model of the entertainment system?

Hi Nathan,
Not sure of the exact model. I only bought it 12 months ago & it was the latest model. Its a LG 3D Blueray system.

Can you tell me how you have everything connected?
Hdmi from the roku to the theater, then hdmi from the theater system to the tv?

Model # is LHB755W.
I have HDMI from the roku into the HDMI1 port & then from the arc port on the entertainment system to the arc port on the TV.

So if you have just the tv and roku on (not the LG system) then the roku will play fine, but when you turn the LG on then you get the error?

the roku works fine through the TV, but when you connect it into the entertainment system IT works until you select a show & then it comes up with a light blue screen & the words across it read - HDCP unautherised. Content disabled.

Thank you for confirming,

this is a hdmi miscommunication issue, which can often happen when mixing devices of different brands.

The way around it is to use the optical connection from the tvs digital audio out port to the optical input on the theater system.

You can keep the hdmi for the bluray playback, just use on another hdmi port other than ARC

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Thanks Nathan,
I don't have a optical cable with me. I'll get one tomorrow & try it out.Thanks,
Mark.

No problem Mark, take your time and feel free to get back in touch here later if needed.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?