Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can I access amazon prime with my roku? It's the roku 3 that…

Customer Question
Can I access amazon...

Can I access amazon prime with my roku ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

It's the roku 3 that I bought 1.5 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I got amazon prime for prchases, but I could also use it to see some movies .

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Are you in the US, or Canada?

Canada
Using Roku 3 4124CE199351

Thanks for confirming,

unfortunately you will not be able to do this, at least not at this point. This is actually a roku issue, as Roku in Canada does not support amazon instant video at this time. It is a common request to both amazon and roku, so it is quite possible that they will release that function in the future. However amazon has their own streaming device too so they may not ever go that route, just as you can't get amazon on an appletv, because they are competitors.

In the short term, your best option would be to purchase a different streaming device such as a fire tv

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?