Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't control the volume on my FIOS remote on my Roku TV…

Customer Question
I can't control the...

I can't control the volume on my FIOS remote on my Roku TV (I can control the channel changes with my FIOS remote so it is working).

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a TCL smart TV, 3 months old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been the issue since day 1.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 10 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
What is the model of tv and remote?
I've been away fro a few days and am now responding.
The TV is a TCC-Roku TV, S-series.
The remote is a FiosTV Verizon remote: VZ P265vr RC.
Ok thanks for the update. I will do some work on this and will get back to you later today.
What I am going do is to establish whether the remote can be linked to the tv and then will send you update.
Most of tvs can be linked to cable boxes using special codes. You tv might also have these codes. We need to find them and steps required to get it done.
I have tried linking the remote via code 180 and the volume on the remote still did not work.
Do other remote functions on the remote work with tv?
I can change the TV channels with the remote.

http://support.tclusa.com/26534-remote-codes/205958-remote-codes

From what I attached here, the system code that you were using is correct and it should work. Here are few things you can try.

1. You can call verizon fios and tell that your remote is not linking the tv properly

2. Ask them to send you a new remote and you try it.

Odds are the tv might have problems and not the remote. We have to go through the process of elimination to get to the correct answer.