Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku stopped working in the middle of a program and would…

Customer Question
My roku stopped working...

My roku stopped working in the middle of a program and would not respond to my remote. I put new batteries in remote and still does not respond to remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Model 3050R Roku 2 XD streaming player

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Roku 2 XD streaming player

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Model # 3050R Roku 2 XD streaming player

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

1. Try restarting your Roku device and remote
    • Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
    • Remove the power cable from the Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
    • When the Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries.
    • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.

2. Try re-pairing the remote

• Press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you will need to replace your batteries.
    • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Engineer