Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Very low volume form the RX-A3060 when using a audio

Customer Question
Very low volume form...

Very low volume form the RX-A3060 when using a audio technica turn table

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Turn table is a Audio Technica LP60. less than a year old. the RX-A3060 is brand new.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started as soon as i tried playing a record. Last week. The turn table has a pre amp but if that is turned on the sound is garbbled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I had to turn off the pre amp on the turn table just to be able to hear any music from the amp. Wondering if another separate pre amp would help?
Text is fine. Just really wondering if there is anything to do or if I need a pre amp or new turntable.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

From the above, a separate / external PHONO pre-amp appears to be needed.

Still, please described the "...pre amp but if that is turned on the sound is garbbled..."

...how far away is the turntable from a speaker? ...have you tried insulating the turntable?

I'm not sure I know about insulating the amp. What does that mean? I have the turntable plugged into a receiver that has a phono jacks built in.

Sorry, I meant the physical location / where the turntable is placed.

In a cabinet right beside the receiver

How close is the turntable to a speaker please?

Less than a foot.
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago

A likely possibility is that the speaker sound is feeding back into the turntable hence the "...sound is garbbled..."

Can you try insulating the turntable? ...place a foam or for test purposes folded towel underneath the turntable and see if the "...sound is garbbled..." with the selector switch set to use the pre-amp

I will try that. If it doesn't work I will send another text! Thanks for the help.

Yes please; an update when done with the test.