Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I go to ROKU - home - and click on NETFLIX or SUNDANCE…

Customer Question
When I go to...

When I go to ROKU - home - and click on NETFLIX or SUNDANCE NOW, - I get an error message after their logo comes up. Also, up at the top, it say "Not Connected" - but the light is flashing on the roku box.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

All I can find is that it is a ROKU Player- where do I find a model #

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I haven't tried to use my Roku for several months...I just tried to use it again, maybe a week ago, and got that result

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Have you tried any other app such as youtube in Roku to see if it works?

no

OK, please try it as a test and reply back with the result

I don't know how to do that! Roku serves my TV which does not have an internet connection!

Press home button on Roku remote and find youtube icon on right side, select it and press OK to run yourtube app.

Does it show youtube picture or Roku gives same error message?

There is no u-tube button on right side

This is odd, try any other app except the NETFLIX or SUNDANCE.

I pressed the SLING icon and got a message that it was temporarily unavailable, and an error 1-3

OK< do you get Home screen when push Home button on Roku remote?

If so, please find Settings option on left side options, go to settings and select Network setup, run it to establish wifi setup with your wifi modem and reply back with the result.

in settings it said to move Player around - and scan again to connect with router - I did that and can see my router is shown - but it is still not connected

Question got closed?