Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku has worked well for the last 2 months. All of a

Customer Question
My roku has worked...

My roku has worked well for the last 2 months. All of a sudden it won't play. I rebooted it and my TV and my router, and changed the batteries on the remote. Still won't load.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sony. 7 years old. Roku worked this afternoon and my TV doesn't want an update

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Are you s machine?

Technician's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Video Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you Please have the expert call me at(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Nathan? Are you a bot, too?

No I'm a live tech, did you see the step by step instructions I sent earlier?

Yeah. It woks now... why did it not work before? I'm old, and I used to be tech support. Did my new batteries just suck?

Great, glad to hear that did the trick for you,

it was either a battery issue or the remote just wasn't paired (holding the home button reestablishes that link).

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan: within the pentameters of your job discrimination, you excell. Thank you for helping me.

Thank you! Glad to be of assistance.

Too bad you don't get the $30 I'm being charged

True, we are all independent techs here, I do get a portion of your fee for my time though, so I do appreciate the rating as that prompts the site to credit me for my work.