Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm 82 yrs.old know nothing about electronics. What can I…

Customer Question
I'm 82 yrs.old know...

I'm 82 yrs.old know nothing about electronics. What can I stream from my iPad? And how

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

.its a generation 1 ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

You're not understanding! I want to learn how and what can be streamed from my iPad to my tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't even know what questions to ask

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me the model of the tv?

Visio e32ovl

Thank you for the information,

The short answer is that this isn't going to work, which is a limitation of the older ipad and the tv both. Your tv is just a basic model television, it is not capable of streaming anything from the ipad as it has no wireless connection, and the older ipads don't support that function anyway.

You can use the ipad itself and watch apps like netflix directly on the ipad, but you wouldn't get them to the tv.

What I would recommend for you in this case is to keep the ipad separate and use it for other things, then purchase an external streaming device to connect to your vizio tv such as a roku or fire tv (click for link). Either of these would simply plug into the hdmi port on the back of the tv, and come with its own remote control. You'll link it to your home wifi network and then be able to use the roku/fire remote to choose different apps such as netflix, amazon, hulu, youtube, and hundreds more, all controlled from its own remote without having to mess with the ipad. These devices are under $50 and will be the fastest and easiest to use option for you.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.