Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My LG Roku TV is connected to WIFI but the HDMI says there…

Customer Question
My LG Roku TV...

My LG Roku TV is connected to WIFI but the HDMI says there is no signal.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

I have done some trouble shooting. LG TV powered by Roku TV . Model #65LF5700-UA

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine last night. Turned it on about 1 hour ago and it said there was no signal. Since then I have been trying to troubleshoot with suggestions from internet but to no avail. The TV itself says there is a WIFI connection but the HDMI it s hooked up with says there is no signal.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not. Thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Which port is your roku plugged into?

HDMI 3
Typing is fine. Thnk you.
Will you be back tonight or tomorrow?

Thank you and have you set the INPUT button on the tv to match the hdmi3 port, using the input/source button on the lg remote?

i have.

Thank you for checking, if the tv isn't picking it up there, you either have a bad hdmi cable, a faulty roku, or a bad hdmi port on the tv.

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi (use a different port this time), power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.